Wednesday, October 8, 2008

No more Debbie Downer

Today marks week 8 of my pregnancy, so far weeks 5-7 have been the worst, but I feel so much better physically and emotionally about everything. My appetite has come back slowly and I have more energy throughout the day. Today I had my first appointment with my Dr., she did a full physical exam and they gave me the results of my blood test. Everything came out great in my blood work and my blood type is A+ sounds good to me! The Dr. said my uterus is the right size for how far along I am, the only thing is my vaginal canal is very narrow, so if we have a large baby, it may be difficult to PUSH!:) Nothing to worry about though.
My next appointment is in 4 weeks, and that is where we will hear the baby's heart beat for the first time! I will be 12 weeks along by then, hard to believe! I recently invested in a Bella Band which is a wonderful invention! I am able to wear my regular pants unbuttoned and this nifty band holds them up! Maternity pants are expensive, so I will use this often while I am at work, while I am at home I will wear my sweat pants:)
The house is all ready for Fall and Todd and I are anxious for the holidays:) Somewhere around the end of December beginning of January we will have our appointment to determine the sex of the baby. Till then it is fun to dream and imagine:)

5 comments:

Tami said...

Who is Debbie Downer??? Time is sure going fast!! I am glad that you are feeling better and have more energy. We love you both!!
Grammie

Dr. Glenn E. Malone said...

Debbie Downer is a character played by Rachel Dratch on the television show Saturday Night Live.

The character's name is connected to a slang phrase which refers to someone who persistently adds bad news or negative feelings to a gathering, thus bringing down the mood of everyone around them.

Dratch's cynical character would interrupt social gatherings to voice negative opinions and pronouncements, making her very unpopular to be around.

Christi said...

You're a dork dad:)
I mean, Grand Pappy G

Tami said...

Ok I get it but It doesn't sound like Christi, you have been this Downer gal. After all you are pregnant and that has its moments! You can always complain to me!
Lots of love, Mom

Tammy said...

You are such a geek Glenn.